Skip to main content

Welcome to the Women's Weekly Bible Challenge!

HELLO, and Welcome to the Women's Weekly Bible Challenge!



I'm Lisa Ann.  I invite you to join me each week as I study through the Scriptures to find out EVERYTHING that the Bible has to say about WOMEN... 

Yes, I do mean everything:  Every reference; every woman; every tiny, superficial detail and every tremendous, deep truth that the Bible has to show us about Women.

CURIOUS?

Great!

The topic of Women in the Bible is not often covered from the pulpit.  It is such a specific topic that at least half the congregation would not find it at all interesting. 

But I know you will be interested to discover some of the deep truths waiting to be brought to light as we study Women in Scripture.

Here are some of the upcoming studies I have planned for you:

I hope that you'll join me each week on this journey through the Bible!

In this video I give a brief testimony and an introduction to this series on Women Teaching. Please contact me for the private link to my VLOGs.



 A Bible Reading Plan that works!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

HEADCOVERINGS - 1 Corinthians 11

Hello and welcome to the Women's Weekly Bible Challenge! I'm Lisa Ann Spencer.  Let's talk about HEADCOVERINGS as an issue that pertains to women in the Bible.  I'll begin by giving an overview of the first 10 chapters of 1 Corinthians, because context is king!  It is a mistake to approach a chapter of the Bible to interpret it without a thorough knowledge of what comes before and after it.  This is a complex passage and this will be a lengthy blog.  Grab your favorite cuppa and let's dig into God’s word. COMMENTARY OF 1 Corinthians 11 on HEAD COVERINGS The Apostle Paul spent the first four chapters of 1st Corinthians defending his apostleship given to him by the risen, Lord Jesus Christ.   Paul reminded the Corinthians that it was he who had begotten them through the gospel of Jesus Christ, and he told them to be followers of him as he followed Christ ( 4:15-16 ). He could say this because of his authority.   Paul spends the next two chapters (1 Corinthians

Women Bible Teachers - Part 1

Welcome to the Women’s Weekly Bible Challenge! I’m Lisa Ann Spencer.  This week we’re beginning a new series, Everything the Bible has to say about WOMEN TEACHING . Part One Let’s search the Scriptures like the Bereans in Acts 17:11.   This is so easy to do today with access to digital concordances at our fingertips. I use www.biblegateway.com and www.BlueLetterBible.org .   For example, using both of these concordances, I looked up the word TEACH . “Teach” is found 170 times in Bible Gateway , including all forms such as: teaching, teacher, teachers, teachest, and teacheth. BlueLetterBible catches only the word “teach” 109 times in 108 verses. I also looked up the following related words: Taught Instruct ; including instructs, instructor, instruction, instructions, instructed, Learn; including learned and learning. I combined each of those words with each of the following words: Her, She, Woman, Women, Mother, Daughter, Wife, Wives, Sister and Maid. The